Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Duckies

I have just spent the afternoon tending to my new duck. New duck meaning that I have never prepared a duck before so it was all quite exciting. Firstly their fat is so thick. Of course it makes sense as that is their insulation. By the time you take all the fat of there is really not much of a duck left. So I chucked all the fat into a fry pan and made yummy crispy duck fat along with about 2 cups of pure duck fat. I read that this is a prized fat though if anyone has any ideas with what to do with the duck fat please let me know.

Now I have two measly looking pieces of breasts, legs, and wings that look as though they would just serve one meal, if that. The meat though is this beautiful luscious red colour, even in its death the duck has some sense of regalness.

So that was my frolic for the day. - Alice

No comments: